As you’ve probably gathered since you’ve found your way to my website, I sometimes go by the name Sam Kates. If there’s a photo on this page of a late-middle-aged bloke with a hair shortage, that’s me.
I live in Wales, a small country in Great Britain and the U.K. Like many of my fellow countrymen, I possess a fondness for rugby union and a good pint of beer. Usually, the two go hand in hand.
You’ve probably also gathered that I’m an author of fiction. My work tends towards the dark side of life and fantasy, though I also write what might be termed ‘general’ fiction, meaning stories that could happen in the world as we know it. But, in the main, I prefer writing horror or science fiction or fantasy, the sort of stories that sometimes are described collectively as ‘speculative’ fiction.
On this site, you’ll find:
– covers and descriptions and links to my books (and clicking on a cover below will take you to the book’s page)
– a selection of sample chapters of my longer works
– a news section where I’ll post updates on works-in-progress, and details of new releases and promotions
– my blog, where I post about topics related (loosely) to writing, reading, publishing and marketing
– a contact page where you’ll find links to social media, a sign-up form for my mailing list and a general contact form if you’d like to get in touch for any other reason
– a proofreading section (I offer a proofreading service for writers wishing to polish their manuscripts before publishing).
Been nice meeting you. Please do drop by occasionally. Your company alone is enough, but if you can bring beer, it’s all to the good. As we say in Wales, Iechyd da! (Good health!)
(I sometimes use Amazon and GooglePlay affiliate links, which means I will receive a tiny amount of commission from Amazon – UK site only – and Google every time someone makes a purchase after following one of my links. It doesn’t in any way affect the price you pay to Amazon or Google.)